Thursday, December 13, 2007

What did you do the day after the night we met?
Was I under you skin like blood under your veins?
Did I dart across your mind constantly?
Like the relentless way you moved across mine
I wonder....

What did you do the day after the night of our first kiss?
Did you listen to your favorite song, favorite CD, did you sing along?
Did you take a hot shower in an attempt to erase my scent off of your skin?
Only to realize that that traces of me are embedded within
Like you're embedded in me
I wonder...

What did you do the day after the night of our first fight?
Did you stand strong to your argument?
I'm sure you thought I was wrong and you were right
Did you shed a tear of frustration at my ignorance?
Did you realize your faults?
Did you try to call me to say that you're sorry only to find my number busy because I was calling you?
I wonder...

What do you do the day after the night we first made love?
Did you miss me in your bed?
Did you clutch your pillow tight?
Did you find sleep easily or did you reach for a soothing balm?
Did you anticipate our next encounter?
Because I did...
I wonder...

No comments:

Blog Patrol