Sunday, November 18, 2007

i've always known
i could love enough
for both me and you
if i had to
but our love
spiritual
ignited divinely
so powerful
no need for words
flows fluidly between
i don't know when it happened
some day i came to realize
that i was loving you
generously
and your reciprocity
missing
and i cried to you
begged for you
and smugly you shrugged me
i had come to rely upon
the ego stroke
bedroom performances
but were increasingly drifting
i wanted you to
validate me
restore my status
i am the best piece
between your sheets
words i desired
never came
and our rift
became the biggest cavity
gaping hideously
my love unable to fill
my pride shattered
my heart punctured
my spirit torn
my mind twisted
you were out of my life
eyes blinded to the fact that
i was loving you
all along
more than i was loving me

1 comment:

Queen of My Castle said...

Again...your words...they take my breath away. There is no compliment I can pay you that would do your writing justice, honestly.

Blog Patrol