Thursday, January 8, 2009

Fear
led me to safe relationships filled with more emotion that devotion
so i spent all of my time with my love, sat across from my love at dinners, at parties, at church
all the while pretending that my love was only my friend
that she and i were best girl friends

Fear
kept me from telling the truth to my loved ones
kept me from telling my truth to my friends
kept me from telling the truth to myself
that my safe relationship could never keep me happy

Fear
spawned lies and those lies took root and that root grew
first the lies were outside of the relationship
but lies like to travel and those lies worked themselves inside
soon we told lies to each other
just to keep from crying

Fear
kept us away from the outside
kept us in darkness
kept us lying and pretending until we no longer
recognized ourselves
until we no longer
pretended

3 comments:

clnmike said...

Yeah fear will do that.

Good one.

Jimmy said...

If known life with & without it...

Because yes, fear will keep me...and you...very sick, if we let it.

Shai said...

Great piece. I can really relate to it.

Blog Patrol