Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I hate you
Those were the words that effortlessly flowed from my lips
Your response was
I know
I can only imagine that you said it with a smile
No, perhaps a smirk
It's a game we play
We've been playing it for the past 7 years

I hate you
I said it to your chest
As you held me close
As you laid your head on top of mine
Smelling my hair
Telling me it smells nice
You came to see me
The 1st time I've seen you in 8 months

I hate you
It's my way of not saying
What I really feel
What I'm afraid to feel
What I cannot reveal
My sentiments you already grasp
I've said those 3 words in succession
Countless times

I hate you
This time there is no kissing
No bending over
No making it clap
No nakedness
No warm baby oil
No massages
No tears

I hate you
Yet this time
I don't want to hold you captive
Or cuss you out
Nor slap your face
I only want to hold you
Be held by you
And breathe your scent

5 comments:

Tears said...

i may be first comment but dnt think am the first reader..splendid is all i can say!!
i thot i was the only one playing the "i hate u" game :P

Don said...

Sounds more like love to me. That kind of love that sits on top of that thin line that people often speak about.

Good stuff.

Just Kel said...

Tears... thank you ;)

Don... it is what it is. LOL Thank you.

Eb the Celeb said...

the epitome of loving to hate someone

or that rihanna ne-yo hate that I love you

THE JODY said...

I use to hate my ex-wife! Then Jazmine Sullivan wrote her biggest hit about me. "Need U Bad" was about me and I totally felt honored.

Blog Patrol